Since I was a teenager I led worship in youth group, church meetings, the local rally at the park... I thought it was the crown jewel of all church positions to lead worship, thus making me the crown jewel. (I am embarrassed to admit that.) It was like I was something when I was behind the piano with a microphone. I never believed I was the greatest singer or that I had phenomenal gifts for worship, I just thought I had a special anointing, like it was what I was born to do. And then when we moved to Missouri I took on the glamorous position of Certified Nurse's Aide. That means I do everything that a higher paid, more educated person doesn't want to do, the jobs that are beneath them. I used to quake every time someone told me to do something petty because they didn't want to walk up the hall. I would think, "Do you have any idea who I am and what I'm capable of?" and the Holy Spirit would whisper into my heart "This is who you are, are you capable of it...
I have to laugh at the gentle lordship of Jesus Christ. Think about it, He could squash us like a bug, but for some reason he chooses to lovingly prod us in His will.
ReplyDeleteI am fully aware that His Lordship isn't always this way, but I am thankful that he is the father of patience and keeps being so with us.
Mississippi...if God doesn't has a sense of humor in his discipleship process then I'm chopped liver. I'll say yes as well
Don't forget this one...
ReplyDeleteYes Lord _ Yes Lord
From the bottom of my heart to the Depths of my soul-ooo Yes Lord
Completely yes
My soul says Yes
What was that name of that singing group you were in and you guys wore "street clothes".
You guys rocked! Totally cuting edge.
Oh the Glory Days
Out of Egypt... and YES I LOVE THAT ONE!!! Forgot all about it!
ReplyDelete