a dictum of power and force

"...a dictum of power and force."

I read these words this morning
describing God in the first two chapter of Genesis.
Transcendent.
Distant.
Lofty.
Creation by decree and dictation.

I find myself in desperation.
Tangled up in emotions.
Twisted up when lies invade my peace.
Distracted by impulses.

I read these words and wished that by power and force
God would steer me.

I'm erratic.
I'm waffling.
I'm confused.
This is not from God.

Part of His transcendent nature is
to DO by power and force.

This is my prayer today.
May God in His infinite mercy
by power and force
move me forward into tumultuous waters
with courage and peace.

lvb

quote from "From Paradise to the Promise Land" by T. Desmond Alexander

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days