Come hither... let us think

It's funny the things you think about when you are thinking. After two miserably sick days for all of us, I felt surprisingly rested and well lying in bed last night waiting for sleep to take me. And it occurred to me- he made them disappear. Have you seen this movie, The Illusionist? At the beginnning of the movie, there is a scene where the best friends in young love run away trying to escape the powers that be forcing their separation and she says to the boy, newly practiced in magic tricks, "Make us disappear," in desperation hoping to escape forever, but he can't do it and they are ripped apart seemingly forever. But in the end- don't read this if you haven't seen it- he does it, he makes them disappear... it's fantastic writing! I'm lying there thinking, "He really did- he made them disappear! How brilliant!"

Which brings me to my next thought, "Is it inclusion or foreshadowing?" These simple literary lessons being stacked in sections as we continue -- let me interrupt here to say that Leila is standing next to the wall beside me; there's an arch between the dining room and living room and in the arch the wall is wide, also the floorboards are thick and high, but only in the sense of floorboards, in reality they are about half an inch out from the wall and the wall is maybe 6-7 inches thick. All that to say she's leaning against the wall and trying to sit on the top edge of the floorboard, and all the sudden she slides completely down, feet first, onto the floor in a *shwoop*. She is so funny! --as we continue the laborious process of studying HOW TO READ THE BIBLE FOR ALL ITS WORTH. That, my friends, is another feature of a narrative, where repitition resumes the narrative after it is interrupted. Repitition is a significant attention grabber pulling the reader's attention into the plot.

For months I have not been pressed to write... my ramblings, rather, I've ensconced in fiction requiring nothing but time and the energy it takes to type. However, the tide has changed and I have so much to think about that I'm compelled to write. Surely my readers have given up on finding anything new here because most of you talk to me on a regular basis, but if you have found me here before, you will certainly find me here again.

P.S. For HOW TO READ studiers: It's chaism(a)... if you have read the chapter, that was probably the most confusing feature, but here it is in simple terms. Not in the movie, it's in the paragraph above. The writer uses the ABCCBA plotline... it starts A:literary features B:Leila on the wall C: the structure of the wall C: detailed structure of the wall B: Leila back on the wall and falls A: literary features. S

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days