La-la-la-la life goes on

It could be that she's the last and I'm certain of it, or maybe it's just that I have nothing else to do around here but be the mommy, but I am starting to love my life again. Seriously, I feel like a woman possessed when pregnancy hormones take me over. I know it's bad when I'm in the thick of it because of the trail of tears that follows my every move, but it's when I start feeling like myself again that I realize how miserable I truly am as a pregnant woman.

Deisha is a little fussy, but it could be because there are two little tooth buds peeking through her bottom gum already. The reflux doesn't help either, but we're surviving. We're more than surviving, we're adjusting to life again. Dale and I are back to walking everyday, which makes a huge impact on my perspective. I am also starting to crave knowledge again. That may sound really bizarre, but when I'm pregnant, I become so self-consumed that I can't work on any of the disciplines that I really value. Case in point, before I got pregnant with Leila I was learning Greek, reading a couple of classic novels a month, and had almost memorized the whole book of Philippians. I felt rich. Then once I got pregnant, all bets were off. I took to Pepsi, Reese's Peanut Butter cups, and General Hospital to pass my time at work.

At any rate being on the tail end of the whole post-partum production, craving a good book and something to roll around in my head from memory gives me hope that the real me is still alive and well, regardless of the hormonally forced hibernation therein. Look out world, I'm back!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days