AMC and Kennedy

My sweet Kennedy
Offered to take me to a late movie
She bought the tickets and made a plan.

The last time we talked about the movies
And the cute guy that works there
She said he'd never notice her since
She never gets fancied up for the movies.
Because it's her thing, she loves going so much
That she wears her most comfortable clothes
Which are sweats.

So I put on my new
yoga pants
And a hoodie
And was surprised when she was dressed to go.
I said, should I change?
And she said, should I change?
And she changed into her comfy sweats.

I had to laugh when the little commercial
With the red AMC balls came on
Signaling the start of the movie
Because her eyes lit up and a smile crept up her cheeks
And she didn't even realize it.
Because it's her thing.
It's therapy after working hard and
Living in a pressure cooker.
And she brought me along to do her thing.
I'm so lucky I can't even tell you...

We saw Unbroken, a true story about
The human spirit.

If I can take it, I can make it.
A moment of pain is worth a lifetime of glory.

It was inspiring
And terrible
And moving
And it changed me.

I know there's some fight left in me
I just gotta clear out the clutter to get to it.
And I intend to.

Xoxo
B

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days