finding quiet

Coming off of a lot of busyness and
A lot of noise
With vacation and company and weekend trips

Every time I scroll past a photo
From Laura Bogess I am reminded
Of that quiet escape in her
Play times with God.
I pine for those quiet moments that 
Promise hope and peace
They call out, "come and sit. Find your rest here..."
I ache to go to the quiet place
And duty calls. 
Over and over throughout the day
Duty calls and I must answer.
So many things demand my attention
I long to escape to a quiet place.

The promise, though, I will not soon forget
That there ARE quiet places
And I know the path to them!!
Someday duty will slow her demands and I'll find myself 
In quiet places
Lending hope to those in 
The busyness. 

Lvb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days