Just in case you were wondering...

This is what we look like now. I've never been very good about setting up appointments to have our pictures taken. I always thought it was a little too expensive to get a bunch of copies of us in the same clothes with the same smile. As a matter of fact, our family portaits consist of:
1. A freebee that I got from the Welcome Wagon where we met with a guy set-up in a hotel room smoking and watching the Simpsons across the hall from his *studio*. I gotta admit, Dale and I both breathed a little easier when that one was over with.
2. A picture taken for the church directory when we were on staff. I probably would've skipped it if we hadn't been required to show.
3. The generosity of a truly gifted friend and photographer that gave us a couple of photo shoots as gifts after the birth of babies. www.beckynovacek.typepad.com **If you are driving distance from Omaha, call her.** Now that we've been spoiled by her creativity and ease behind the camera, it's hard to take anyone else seriously.
4. A sweet neighbor here that insisted on photographing ou family. That is what we have here.

After we committed to a date, she brought clothes that would match for each of the kids and even offered to do the girls' hair. It was so thoughtful and they really turned out nicely. She set us up at the park across the street from our house so it was really convenient too.

I've never been very good about sharing either. I want to share; I want each one of you to have a lovely photograph of my family, Kennedy in her basketball getup, Micah in his football gear, and the rest of us doing whatever we do when the picture is taken, but I'm just not very good about following through on that desire. So here it is, a recent picture of all of us in matching clothes. And since I really want to send you a copy, I probably won't so feel free to print as many of these as you like and share them with all your neighbors.

Comments

  1. What a great picture of your family! I love that ya'll match and then there is Deisha in her pink. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your family pic is beautiful. you are such a role model to many mothers . you have patience like i never knew and you home shool too. your kids are beautiful and smart. we love you all and miss you. kaylee will be emailing soon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days