Party Time! Party Time!

While Daddy was gone, we had a slumber party in the living. I've been looking forward to the fort building all week. So during the Spongebob marathon, I built the fort, while Micah looked on in awe of my skills. He was pretty excited about it. So was Max.
This is what it looked like from the inside from the left of the front door. Behind Micah was what they called the back porch because that's where the window was open and it was about fifty degrees outside, so it was cold once you climbed out there. Eventually, Micah and Jasmine dragged their blankets and pillows in there for the night.
This is the green room, where Max and Scooter slept. They never want to miss out on the action. If you can't tell, we're underneath the dining room table.
Tre started to putter out at about ten o'clock. He tried to stay awake, but he was pretty exhausted from getting up at 7am and then a marathon of his own including running, jumping, yelling, stomping, bouncing, cutting things, telling jokes, and asking questions. Thousands of questions.
Since we're living cheap this week, we ate Totinos pizzas for dinner, which, while they are super delicious, don't quite satisfy. After dinner, we decided we were going to need some snacks. Normally we would have purchased a cart full of candy and cookies and chips for an occasion like this, but we had to be creative. Jasmine made brownies, which were out of this world, I must say.
And then we made homemade kettle corn. We always spend four dollars on a bag of this melt-in-your-mouth goodness at the farmer's market when we go. And I am tempted every time I see a stand at a carnival to buy some. So I got online and found a recipe and went to town. It was so easy and just as good as the real stuff. Woohoo! Once I've mastered an indulgence like this, the temptation loses it's power over me.
Leila saw a few episodes of Spongebob, but I don't think she even made it through the kettle corn, poor thing. Her daily regimen, not unlike Tre's, is exhausting. If she's not out by 9pm, we're all in trouble.

Micah is just getting out of the fort now, at 10:16am. I had to go rough him up to get him up. I knew he'd be sleeping late when he got up for the third time at 1:30am. Such is life around here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days