HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

This is what ours looks like. Jasmine decorated everyone's glass with a candy cane... so cute. Kennedy baked a cake and peeled potatoes for me. I love having helpers! This year's prep was so much better than last year's. Gotta love national holidays!
Little man is way too cute for his own good!
Gobble, gobble, gobble. I forgot this Nana tradition and Kennedy said, "MOM! Apple turkeys! We forgot to make apple turkeys!" This was last night at Wal-Mart after we'd already been to the grocery store and all of it's chaotic bliss. So I said, "Alright, let's get the marshmellows and we'll use the apples I bought for the apple crisp." Which they used and then almost immediately removed the candy and marshmellows from after these shots were taken.
I mean, it's a tradition. We take them very seriously, which I am SO thankful for this year because our little traditions kept us busy while we were so far from home.
I love that there's noise. I keep flashing back to what must be happening at my mom's house right now where all of my other siblings and their families are, eating turkey and chasing kids up and down the stairs, and passing babies from arms to arms, and napping in front of a football game. My house is busy with excitement. And even though it's not snowing, it's cold today, which feels right.

AAAH!!! She makes me want to have six more. I mean looking at this picture does. Not real life. Not when she's screaming because I took something out of her hand or because she's bored or because she likes the sound of her screech. That doesn't. But this picture does!!!

Comments

  1. Beautiful picture! I love great photos that almost capture how you feel about them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days