A Week in Neverland

When people say "a day in the life" they are referring to a day at Nana's. My mom is so amazing and so incredible with little children. I have always been a little blown away by the things they can do when they come home from her house. In summers past, two of my kids came home from her house potty trained. When I asked her what she did, she said, "I just put them on the toilet and asked if they wanted some big girl/boy pants." We sent Leila to her this time, who was on a food strike. She has been eating solids off and on for six months, in month six she quit. She'd take two bites and that was it. She came home and inhaled two bowls of macaroni like a two year old! Yeah. It's like that. Naturally, when she asked if she could keep them for a week this summer, I was elated. This year she took the girls first and then the boys. It wasn't a baby sitting week. It was a week for adventure for all of them. Late nights watching movies, bubble baths in the baby pool in the yard, sculpting, travelling,
...trips to the zoo in 136 degree heat, pizza rolls in Barbie playland, playing, playing, playing! They have a giant house, so when there are only a few kids there, they get to choose where they will sleep. For my kids, that's real luxury, considering there are two kids in one room and three in another and there aren't five feet of privacy in the whole house So, they loved it. It was really bizarre how the balance in our household changed so drastically between the two weeks. It was pretty cool. There was some serious bonding between the boys and for the girls. Gotta love Nana!

Comments

  1. little concerned about the dryer plugged in and laying next to the bathtub but nana has control so I guess no worries!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you love that picture of the little warrior? Sometimes our helmet is a little crooked;our sword is close at hand but slightly hidden, our breastplate is on our backs because at times, unfortunately, the slings come from that direction.
    No worries about the cord--it's to the jacuzzi and ground-protected!
    I love-love-love summer camp at Nana's!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't grandparents that take the kids for a week just the best? Memories to last a life time.

    Makes me homesick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!! I can't wait to see you guys.... one short month away!! actually maybe less than one short month away!! I lvoe you all!!! I wish I could attend nana's summer camp.. seestah... when is it our turn?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty sure Nana said that our camp was going to happen in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  7. dearest,
    i've just stumbled upon this little corner of your world, and i am captivated. i read your thoughts and i think, "wow. that's what i would write if i could ever write half so well!" and you know, that's what makes people love to read your stuff. it's like you put to paper the wisps of thoughts and dreams that we all wish we could catch and record! i'm a fan! (though i always have been, especially since my freshman year when my senior friend found me important enough to skip lunch with and pray and read and learn together...)
    i love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've said for years...she is who I want to be when I grow up! Nice blog sweetie...and I'm so jealous that I am not a Nana yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That baby... all those babies are so cute!!! Shhesh I miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. did you remove your chocolate post?

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey thats enough corn. nacho mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey thats enough corn. nacho mommy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days