Hey, Ladies~

Is this someone's idea of a sick joke, or I am reverting back to puberty? My face is breaking out like I'm 14 going to the dance at the skating rink on Thursday night! YIPES! It's not funny, and it's not nice. So, naturally I got on the internet to research my new complexion, and at 30, it's normal!?!? I'm a pimple-faced freak!

On the other hand, in honor of our nation's freedom and the celebration therein, I made a big bucket of frozen ice cream; five ingredients, such natural yummy deliciousness, and a new frozen dessert made with nutter butter cookies and a cream cheese, a little layer of chocolate, whipped cream, and sugar. Yowzah! That thing may not make it to the bar-b-que. I just took a little bite after freezing it all night, and look out girls, it's better than a reeces peanut butter cup blizzard. (which has 500 calories in a small we just discovered...) I used lite cool whip and lite sour cream and it's still fantastic.

I ran into a girl I used to know, at Wal-Mart today, mother of 6, separated from her husband, living between her step-mom and a has-been dj, partying, losing weight, and looking... dead. I couldn't even fake the funny sweet girl I am sometimes. I just half smiled and said, "wow..." All I could think about was, "Where are you children? It's the 4th of July." It broke my heart. I can't celebrate her new forty pounds less figure knowing she'd be flinging it around a pole this weekend.

I'm studying the gospel of John. Within the first five verses, the Lord is introduced as LIGHT. "in Him was life, and the life was the LIGHT of men." And in the Light is the life. Along this journey, I have prayed, and begged, and pleaded with God to let me taste abundant life, the life, that He promised us. I can tell you honestly that I am living the life. I have found that abundance and it has been a long time coming, but I will never abandon the Source of life because apart from Him there is only darkness. It frustrates me that people would deny Him their souls when the return is so great. What is so worth hanging on to in this world when there is so much to gain apart from it? Find Him, He seeks you now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days