Still Floundering

Where to begin, where to begin...  I am hesitant to even begin writing knowing it could be months before I am back to regularity, but I miss you all so much.  My heart is sick over not being able to contact you via email.  There's just so much to do yet, and the days are flying by with little time for reflection!

I'll tell you what I can see from this perspective.  We've set up the computer in the family room in the basement.  I love it because I am not tempted to sit down here every time I walk by- the fact is that I don't just walk by.  I have to be intentional about getting here, which makes for much less frivolity of my time.  The TV is also down here, and that without cable which means when we want to watch something, it takes effort.  I love it.

The spring has sprung here in lovely Missouri.  From the French doors I can see out into the backyard and into the woods behind.  There are green leaves coming up all over the ground, which is like a surprise in slow motion.  We have been told what is growing there, but having no knowledge of horticulture, the wonder and mystery remain!  There is a filled-in coy pond that doubles as a fire pit.  Around it there are bundles of tall yellow grass, recently trimmed.  Birdhouses hang and stand in various places, but are yet to be consistently frequented by birds, thanks to my routineless existence.  The birdseed is gone for days before we refill it.  The trees remain bare except for tiny green buds: the promise of things to come,  and the wind rolls fiercly and constantly singing in low tones when the house is quiet enough to listen.

I am in love, truly in love.  The Creator of the universe and every living being has shown us His favor and tended diligently to our hearts desires.  For that I remain in humble gratitude, moment by moment, knowing that I am but a worm, and a vapor, and completely undeserving of any of this. 

Comments

  1. B-
    I am so glad to know you are all doing well. It sounds like you have settled into the house nicely! I am so sorry to hear you e-mail is down but it was nice to read your post today and know that you are all well and that spring is springing in your neck of the woods too! May the Lord richly bless you and your family! Talk to ya soon. Lots of Luv and hugs! XOXOXOXoxoxoxo C

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days