The List

I'm making SUCH great progress on my list that I decided to stop and give you a little update.  Don't get excited, no  px yet.  My room is occupied by a very sick dude right now so I can't get to my camera at present.  Soon I will, soon!

It's getting so close.  I'm having a baby soon.  A new life is coming into my world.  For so many of my pregnancies I have known what to expect.  I know that for a year, or so, I won't sleep more than a few hours at a time.  I will cry every day for most of that year; not sad tears, just random tears of varying emotions.  I will wear maternity clothes for part of it because I will not lose most of the baby weight until close to the end of that year.  In the meantime I will change hundreds and hundreds of diapers.  I will endure the all-encompassing chore of breastfeeding.  (Those first weeks are bad.... verrrrry bad for me.)  No one else will be able to comfort the baby like I will, which means my life will not be my own for a long, long time.  This has been the focus of the last few. 

This time I feel differently.  I have these amazing little lives coming into adulthood, slowly but surely, that are blossoming into individuals right before my eyes.  The potential for each of them is awe-inspiring.  I love it!  I love that God keeps blessing us with new life.  (Listen, I know I wrote something very different just days ago.  This is what is real today.)  God is good, soooo soooo good.  I feel at peace about what is to come; I no longer feel overwhelmed by all the changes coming.  I am ready to bring my baby home to partake in the goodness of the blessings of the Lord in our lives, and all the chaos and insanity that we add to that pot!

lvb 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days