I know it's obnoxious.

It's just that I heard this song on a movie and I fell in love.  I was fascinated.  Even a little addicted.

This rock star, dancing wildly inside the perimeters of all the other rock stars in the gig, was singing the soundtrack for this stay-at-home-in-sweatpants-mom's life. 

...mmmm ba da DEH...
Sure, I thought it was Ice, Ice Baby at first, but then when I realized that it was a whole new twist on that 90s mantra that we all used to do the running man to, I was hooked.

I immediately downloaded it and put it on my ipod so I could blast it through the house.  I have considered starting every morning with it.  It energizes me.  If I know what I have staring me in the face each day, and I accept it, I can do it. 

Six weeks ago I breathed focused forced air through excruciating contractions and then delivered a baby in a single push. I knew I HAD to do it.  I knew that if I just embraced the reality and handled each moment with concentrated resolve, it would be overwith faster.  And it was. 

The days when I refuse to accept the responsibility of my reality are the days I lie in bed and wish the light would never come.  It's no good.

I'm under pressure.  Pressure to have: a happy baby, educated children, a clean house, a hot meal on the table, clean laundry in the drawers, healthy food for my growing children, a balanced budget, justice between siblings, a thriving relationship with Jesus, a shrinking postpartum body, a gentle answer, and lipstick on when I go out of the house.  Sometimes it seems like too much.

But whenever I hear this song I feel better.  We're under pressure.  Me, you, David Bowie, even the guy from Queen was.  We're all in it together.  Let it ring from the mountain tops.

...pressure...

lvb 

Comments

  1. Good insights, daughter! There is no new life without pressure, no growth, no relationship, no muscle-building, no faith-building, no thriving without pressure. So...you have new life, growth, relationships, muscles, faith...you thrive!!!!!
    And I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good insights, daughter! There is no new life without pressure, no growth, no muscle-building, no faith-building, no relationships, no thriving without pressure. You have life, you are growing, developing muscle and developing faith...you thrive...and you are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! You are mine!!! Two comments because I thought that I didn't post a comment...so...I posted another one! That's just the way I "drive around." Don't tell Dale..he will lose all hope for a better tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days