Where's Waldo?

I have this momentary insanity randomly in my life. The other day I may have mentioned that I almost had a complete and total breakdown last week when it was 100 degrees, and I couldn't find a ponytail holder. I have lots of them, mind you. Lots. And LOTS. But I can't find them because my little girls take them from me. They sneak them out of my stash until I have only one left, and then they politely ask if they can borrow it. Then I am left with none. 

I went on a hunt for a band to tie my hair back with, as my neck dripped with sweat. I can't tell you the desperation I was feeling when my search came up empty. Not a single one to be found. I kid you not. I got tears in my eyes. I had to rationalize the meltdown away. It wasn't pretty. And then one of the culprits offered me the ponytail holder from her hair. I was immediately ashamed of my mania and also grateful beyond words.

You can imagine my joy when yesterday morning I woke up and spotted this on my kitchen counter.
See it there next to the mixer and the syrup container? It's black. It's stretchy. It brought me sheer joy. I nearly fell to my knees and thanked God for this blessed occurance! 

And then later, this happened. All of this, beautiful this!!


(Don't judge my vampire white vericose veined leg here. Light is the new tan.)

I know most people would never, ever, not even ever purchase hair ties from a resale shop, but I saw a bag full of these and counted my lucky stars!! God, in His infinite mercy, poured out His love on me in this way!! Dozens of them. Dozens of unused hair accessories. 

These little things give me joy. 

Lvb


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days