{Mom Hacks} *Sharing


This morning at the kitchen table in a guest house in Terre Du Lac, Missouri, my little ones were arguing about whose turn it was for the Kindle. 

When I realized they weren’t finding resolution, I said, “Ask her if you can have a turn in 2 minutes.” and set my timer for two minutes.

He did, she said yes, and when the timer went off, she passed the Kindle off to him and left the table to do something else. 

One of the uncles in the room said, “That really works, huh?” 

It does. I start using this technique as soon as a little one is old enough to ask for a turn. It takes a little training, but once each side understands that both parties will get equal turns, there is peace about sharing. 

Lvb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days