Dog days


Tonight my son let us know in the most severe terms that he wanted to be emancipated.

Furniture was thrown, a bag of recycling was dramatically kicked across the room. My husband forced me out of the path of danger that I missed in blind confusion. My little girls hovered together in a back bedroom afraid of the fight. 



In the wake of reckless teenaged abandon, the worst of its kind, I can’t seem to dam up the tears. 

A few minutes ago I happened to catch a whiff of a wet bed. Automatically I stripped my boy and put him in clean, warm, dry clothes. Now another little boy has wandered onto the couch where he’s snoring away. I can’t help but wonder if they will hurt us too. Will they progressively become more careless with our feelings and consumed with their own? Will they throw things and yell and trample us with their reckless emotions?

I have always said having a big family is not for the faint of heart, but mercy... I’m beginning to wonder if we’ll survive five more. They start out being so delicate and lovely and precious and sweet. It’s alarming that they can turn so violently against us.

Maybe it’s just my family. We tend to pull the extremes on every level. Not sure how I got signed up for that, but woah... it’s been a rough ride.

And all I can think is, “my sin oh the bliss of the glorious thought...” Quite frankly, it’s unbearable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days