gratitude


 


I have never been one to make lists of things I’m grateful for without being prompted, but lately, the constancy of cultural glum has kept me under a dark cloud. I didn’t see it coming and dismissed it as a hormonal thing, but it lasted too long. The awareness forced me to take a look at what I was mostly thinking about. It wasn’t good or true or beautiful. 


The shift in perspective that allowed the sun to shine again. I woke up one morning and listed some of the things I was grateful for, thanking God in the meantime. As I did, I thought of more things, and joy bubbled up from inside me. I can’t really explain it, but I know where it started. Gratitude. 


“A joyful heart is good medicine, But a broken spirit dries up the bones.”

‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭17:22‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

https://www.bible.com/bible/100/pro.17.22.nasb1995

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days