pruning


 

This may come as a shock to some people, but I’m extremely maternal. The impulse to nurture shows up in the weirdest ways. I sweet-talk my sourdough. I pray over my plants and tell them they are beautiful. I have been doting on my little garden every chance I get. It’s brings me an unreasonable amount of happiness to go out in the cool of the day and watch the sprinkler sway, dousing each little plant with refreshment. 


With that in mind, you can see how it would pain me to pluck these beautiful buds off as they are beginning their formation. These are my strawberry plants. They need to spend their energy building a strong root system, rather than blooming and growing strawberries, at least not this year. It’s for their own good, but it still hurts me a little when they are trying so hard.


Don’t worry, little darlings... Next year you will bring a bountiful harvest the likes of which you cannot even begin to imagine!


“...every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit.”

‭‭John‬ ‭15:2‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

https://www.bible.com/100/jhn.15.2.nasb1995

Comments

  1. Yes, they are preparing themselves for next year but the waiting is so hard.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days