words

One year at church camp, each cabin huddled up. We took turns standing in the center of the huddle, while everyone else said something encouraging to that person. I loved every minute of it. 

I am a builder. Words are my love language. I love to build people up, and be built up, so to spend 30

minutes engaging on both the giving and receiving ends, as well as observing others was nourishing for me. It was one of my favorite camp memories. During my turn in the middle one girl said, “I wish I could put you in my pocket and take you back to school with me so I could say, ‘I have a Becca and you don’t!’” That was 30 years ago, but I remember it like it was yesterday. 

When Moses showed me the post-it note he had received, I was over the moon. His Sunday school class did a similar activity, but they wrote the encouragement down instead of saying it out loud. My kids talked about it for days. It was a precious offering from one kid to another. I stuck the note on my fridge to remind me to say out loud the good things I think about people. It’s a small thing that can have a big impact. People of God, let’s build each other up!! 

“Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing.”

‭‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭5:11‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

https://www.bible.com/100/1th.5.11.nasb1995


Comments

  1. He is a super cool dude and I am so thankful to have a Becca in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days