Satisfaction


 

Every morning my alarm goes off just before sunrise. Some days I hurry out of bed to see it. I pull my chair closer to the window to get the best view of the wonder and brilliance of light filling the sky. Every single time, the words of a song echo in my mind.

“I see Your face in every sunrise, the colors of the morning are inside Your eyes. The world awakens in the light of the day, I look up to the sky and say, ‘You’re beautiful.’ “


It never fails. I see His face in every sunrise. I’ve spent a lot of my Christian life wrestling with the “doing” for God and neglecting the “being” with God. With Him is where everything beautiful happens. 


John Piper teaches that God is most glorified in us when we are most SATISFIED in Him. Sitting with God in the morning fills me up in a way that nothing else does. It disengages me from my life and my hustle and my role to join Him in His. And let me tell you, it is absolutely soul satisfying. 


“If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.”

‭‭John‬ ‭15:7‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬


https://bible.com/bible/100/jhn.15.7.NASB1995

Comments

  1. Beautiful photo and yes, when we start with Him and just be it makes all the difference. Thank you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days