the peace of God

Found this little piggie in a blanket when I was cleaning out my corner cabinet. Usually I get the fever to purge my house a few days before New Year’s Day. This year it started a month early. When I finished my last library book, I was perusing the available titles and came across a book called “The Minimalist Home.” Minimalism has always appealed to me because I’m a hoarder by nature, and I loathe clutter. It’s the perfect storm for a family the our size. 

I listened to the first chapter in the car by myself. It was so inspiring that as soon as I got home, I unloaded half of my closet’s items into a garbage bag for donation. The next day I listened to another chapter. Right away I started emptying drawers and cabinets, closets and storage areas. 

I knew I would love how it felt to have less stuff, but I didn’t know I’d be excited to get out of bed every morning and get rid of more. I can’t understand why I keep things, but it has taken me years to finally let them go. I have noticed that even in the store, I am thinking more carefully about what I buy. With a better idea of what we have, there’s less guesswork about what we need.

I feel grateful to be walking through this process before Christmas. I know a lot of stuff will be coming in, and with wide open spaces, it will be easier to find homes for the new things. 

God has been teaching me how to unclutter my inner world for years, starting with five minutes of silence with the Him each day. I can’t explain it, but I have a feeling that was the beginning of my ability to let go. I feel a warm, quiet peace even when things are chaotic. Now my home is beginning to reflect that peace. 

As I write, I am praying that you will find this peace in your own world


through Jesus. May God bless you, friend. 

“The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters. Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.”

‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:2-4‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬


https://bible.com/bible/100/gen.1.2.NASB1995

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days