Just in case you were wondering

this is what I look like now; you don't even have to say it because I already know, it's a photoshop masterpiece. As I was thumbing through the most recent upload, I found px of Lolly's birthday, Kennedy and Micah's birthday party, and a whole slew of football game px. I thought about posting a hodge podge but decided when I came across this beauty, that it was a necessary post.
As I was primping for church this morning, it crossed my mind that maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to apply a little mascara to those white eyelashes and then I grabbed my purse, thought about how much I'd like to have a cup of coffee, and shut off the lights on my way out the door. It wasn't a hurried morning, as is the Sunday morning custom, but these were just two luxury items on the list that didn't make the cut.
In the past four months, I can probably count on one hand the number of times that I've applied make-up. Dale doesn't really care whether I wear it or not, and no one here is used to seeing me with it on, and since I rarely catch a glimpse in the mirror, why bother? We live in California where people appreciate nature and being 'a naturale. That's what I tell myself anyway, and then I see something like this and seriously consider selling all my Grandma's china for a good make-over and wardrobe revamp.
But then again, let's get real, by 2:00, and it's 1:44 now, I'll have forgotten this image and the ridiculosity that it incurred in my mind, and the China will rest safely in moving boxes ready for the next leg of the journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days