Thanks a' Very Mas!

We all got up late Thanksmas morning, and Dale went straight to the kitchen to prepare a lovely brunch for us all! I was so thrilled! This year's new tradition is Thanksmas Mountain which is comprised of biscuits, fried potatoes, and scrambled eggs, smothered in gravy and hot sauce. Dale was the only partaker; I was so sick from the Halloween festivities that I had to stick with the safe road, but next year, I'll be all over Thanksmas Mountain!
We got our tree up, the same 6 foot tree that my mom purchased for us on our first Christmas, and followed the Thanksmas tradition of trying to *make that funky thing look normal.* Every year we grow more attached to that thing, even though it's crooked and falls down a few more times than it did the last year. The kids put up all the ornaments as beloved holiday tunes rang through the house, and then we headed to Wal-Mart to choose some new lawn decorations. In honor of the deceased goat that had faded and rusted after it's third year in commission, we purchased a standing buck and a feed doe. Dale hung lights on the fence, and then we bought way too much food, which we somehow managed to devour every bit of after football practice. The first Christmas movie of the year was Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas.

I nearly cried several times during the day at the wonder of God's goodness. I'm so thankful that I have a husband that cherishes the simple pleasures as much as I do. I'm also thankful that my kids are on board with our quirky traditions and they still think they are so cool. I am thankful that this year I will carry the last Sutton of our chapter and then reclaim my body as mine alone, for life. I am thankful that even if we don't have anyone that we really want to invite to our parties within hundreds of miles, we have good and true friends that would really savor our celebration with us, if they could. And I'm thankful that in this life, in this fallen world, we have joy that is unspeakable and full of glory. Even with that, we have much, much more awaiting us in eternity if we only endure. Happy Thanksmas!!!

Comments

  1. Thanks for posting - thanksmas mountain huh??!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Came that they might have LIFE and life more abundant

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok........i need somme filling in, bec. what is thanksmas. it is before thanksgiving and before christmas? i still got to get thru dylans 4th (THATS IMPOSSIBLE???) birthday on the 21st before I begin to think about Christmas. My Mom and Dad are coming the 5th of December to have an early Christmas with us, we will put the tree up when they are here ....thanksmas??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days