Valentines Extravaganza

This is the new clubhouse. Well, it was new on Valentine's Day and then shortly after Valentine's Day it was disassembled by some neighborhood vandals and the club dispersed after a game of war gone wrong.
This is the view from inside the club. The members of the club collected various items on from people's yards on trash pickup day to adorn their new hangout. That woman standing there, the one that's as tall as that tree, is Kennedy. You might not have recognized her because she was a little kid yesterday and woke up today fully grown. The other little darling in the photo is Jasmine. She was a little kid yesterday and when she woke up this morning, much to her dismay, she was still a little kid.
This is the other angle from the inside. Each little piece has some significance. The trees create the walls all around the perimeter of the club. There's a perfect little clearing created by nature alone and destined to be filled with children.
This is the picnic table donated by the club's neighbor "Mr. Nicey-nice". We like him very much because without his contribution, the first annual club Valentine's picnic. Let me introduce you to the club members. Starting on the left in the green hoodie, that's Alfonso. Next to him with the mohawk is Trek. Micah is next in the green shirt. I am directly behind Micah wearing a green shirt; apparently he didn't hear me say, "Say cheese!". You can see my shirt behind him. I'm also holding Deisha who loves the sun more than anything else in this life. Kennedy is at the head of the table; she is the club secretary and quite a party planner if you ask me. There in the sunglasses and glam sunglasses is Miss Tiffany, Trek's mom. She was there because she was invited. For whatever reason, the joy of these kids' lives is having their mothers participate in their neighborhood antics. I wish someone would tell me that so that I would participate more before my kids start shooing me away from their neighborhood friends because apparently I am indifferent to what brings them joy. Trin is on the bench in front of Miss Tiff but you can't see her because Zach is standing up making last minute adjustments to the various treats on the table. Zach is the club president and he's awesome; he's awesome unless he's playing with James and then he's not very nice. Behind Zach is Jas, she's always awesome no matter who she's playing with. And then next there on the end are Tre and Leila, the darlings of the club. Tre is the energy and Leila is the sugar.
More pictures coming soon!

Comments

  1. 2 posts with pics?!?! THAT IS AMAZING!!! I wanna be in the club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ME TOO!!!! If I could just be in the club, I would bake cookies for every meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ME TOO!!!! If I could only be in the club, I would make cookies for every meeting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days