Sabbath

I always feel a little guilty on Sundays when I am hustling around the house and I finally sit down at the end of the day exhausted. It's complicated because we have our weekend right before the weekend, so I think that since we spend a couple of days kicking around, that should count. But it's not the same as just taking the day off.

I don't ever really take the day off. I don't know very many moms that do. So today, I decided that as soon as Dale was off to work, I would rest. Even with the doorbell ringing, kids running in and out, and the telephone ringing, I rested. Knowing that for a few hours I didn't have to do anything completely recharged me. I'm ready to take on the world.

You should do it sometime. Seriously, you'll thank God for the foresight to give us a day to rest. He's thoughtful like that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days