Loss

We lost him.
It was yesterday.
We had him.
He was ours.
And then he wasn't.
He was just gone
In an instant.
Not here. Just gone.

I want to talk
About him
About how I feel
About how we'll never play cards again.
About how we can't do
Anything
Again because
He won't be there.
Everything is cancelled.
Because we lost him.
And theres no way to do it without him.

At the end of this day
I wanted to say
"We made it through the first day
Without him."
But it was too painful.
It seemed cruel
To say
"Without him"
Out loud.

I keep imaging him
Walking into the house
Like everything is normal.
Torture in mind.
Over
And over.
I know he's gone,
Dale saw him.
But I keep dangling the possibility
That he's not
Really gone
In front of reality.

We lost him in the worst way.
Unexpectedly.

But there is something comforting
In the sadness.
Staying here
Tucked away from where
Life goes on
Means that
We are still within arms reach
Of yesterday
when he was still ours.

Pray, my sweet friends!
Pray that I will bring
The comfort of Jesus Christ
To our hurting family.
That I won't bury myself in sadness,
Forsaking the needs of
Those around me.

Lvb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days