40 down, 60 to go

There's a crazy amount of happiness happening around this girl's 40th birthday!
You would think this birthday would have brought me a lot of anxiety. I've always had aspirations of being in the best shape of my life for my 40th, but it didn't happen. As a matter of fact, now that I've had my last baby and a round of meds for my wacky emotional journey, I'm heavier than I've been in years. 

But God... In His mercy, showered me with the reality that I am surrounded by people that love me, that support me, that are cheering me on, and that couldn't care less how huge my hiney looked in those jeans. And let's be honest, I would have really liked to be wearing makeup for the pictures from my party, but it was incredibly freeing to not need it on this iconic day.

People matter. Relationships matter. Beauty and character and oneness with Christ are the things that count. Appearance, while it seems to count in the moment, has little relevance when it's all said and done. 

My goal for this year is to bless others out of the abundance of blessing I've received in these past 40 years. Look out, universe, this girl is coming with cookies and flowers!! ❤️❤️❤️

And by the way, thank you. Thank you for being my people. I am so lucky to have you. 

Lvb



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days