Thanksmas 2019



This is decidedly our favorite holiday of the year. 
Each year on November 1, my mother-in-law and I wake up before the masses to have a quiet cup of coffee together. As the littles trickle down the stairs, we begin the preparations for Thanksmas mountains.
 This a traditional brunch of biscuits and gravy, fired potatoes, eggs, French toast, homemade syrup, egg nog and orange  juice. This year, per special request, we added waffles.
Following brunch, we get out all the Christmas decorations from their sleeping places, and place them magically all over the house and porch and yard where they spread joy and the promise of redemption every single day for the next two months.
We are not crazy, we are lovers and followers of Christ. Everything that Jesus is shines in Christmas, when God became flesh and came to dwell among us. This is the highlight of the year, and I feel so lucky to be able to celebrate it with all of my children, my dreamy husband and my beautiful mother-in-law, who makes us matching pajamas every year. 

Happy Thanksmas, friends! May the hope of Jesus light your way!! 
Lvb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days