reciprocation

Your children will become versions of you. 
Be the version you love as often as possible. 
My daughter was gracious enough to come over and spend the night so that we could go play an all night domino tournament with friends away from home. She had to leave early the next morning. It was probably two days later when I noticed this little gem on my fridge. 

There’s so much I love about this, I can’t even... but I’ll try.

A few weeks before she stayed the night, she was over and noticed one of these notes on the fridge for my little birds still in the nest. Usually my note is more like a list of chores along with my sentiments following. She said, “One thing I love about living away from home is not waking up to these lists!” 😂 Ironically, she reciprocated that very thing when she was in charge. 

It means she sees the value in it. 
It means she is doing what I do without me ever having told her to do it. 
It means her heart is tender toward my little ones, and that means everything.

“Caught not taught” is a powerful philosophy of parenting because it moves in the direction of natural inclination. They’re going to turn into you. Be worth repeating.

Lvb


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days