HVD

It looks like I’m tryin’ to flex because I got one really good heart pancake, but trust me when I say there was only one.

This day was heavy. It started early and ended late, full of people and conversation and activity. I felt the closeness of my people around me all day. Dreamboat surprised me with flowers early this morning. The sun broke the darkness with a brilliant display of color. My littles did a valentine exchange with friends and siblings. My bigs all showed up and made me laugh. 

After the dust settled, I felt the heaviness. I’ve forgotten what it feels like to not be someone’s one and only on Valentine’s Day. I forgot that feels like everyone else is a part of something but you. 

If you got hit hard today by your singleness, I hate that this day does that to you. It’s not fair. Dig deep, darling. Go away with Jesus into the lonely place, and He will meet you there.

“Turn to me and be gracious to me, For I am lonely and afflicted.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭25:16‬ ‭NASB‬‬

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days