War Language

Sin is my malady, my monster, 
my foe, my viper,
Born in my birth,
Alive in my life,
Strong in my character,
Dominating my faculties,
Following me as a shadow,
Intermingling with my every thought,
My chain that holds me captive in the empire of my soul.

THIS is the condition of my flesh.
If I, in my spirit, link arms with this body of death and say,
“This is who I am.”
Then I am not in the Spirit, but in the flesh. The mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God. And those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

But we do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

There is a war between the Spirit of GOD that dwells in us and this body that houses Him. If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the Spirit is alive because of righteousness.

Understand, dear ones. God is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good purpose. If your time, energy, attention, and affection are fixed on the things of the flesh, and if there is no war within you, are you in Christ? For the mind set on the Spirit is LIFE AND PEACE. 
Set your mind on the things of the Spirit. Fix your eyes on Jesus. Take every thought captive to the authority of Jesus Christ. Find your very LIFE when you lose it in Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days