Just in case you ever wondered

This is what the girls look like in their new matching outfits complete with homespun hats, mittens, and slippers from Nana. Max really wants to eat those big pompoms, but so far we have kept them intact.
And this is what Leila looks like in our new baby sling. After putting her into it, I'm not sure I'll be able to find a tiny baby in the huge thing. We may have to grow into this one. And besides, what will I carry Leila around in if we put the baby in it? Sheesh! It's not like she's an adult capable of getting around on her own!
And this is what I looked like last Thursday on our way out to Angela's for Mexican food. Dale bought me this hat that I adore for Christmas at Anthropologie, my all time favorite place to shop. I could spend all afternoon just looking and touching. There's been some debate about this jacket that I didn't get at Anthropologie but at Goodwill. I thought it was a perfect solution to not quite fitting into the sweater that I wear everyday with every outfit. It's just not wide enough to go around the swelling on my midsection; just narrow enough that it's starting to look funny with the front sides hanging under my arms. I bought another sweater to replace that one, large enough to wrap all the way around me, but it's just too big and it looks ridiculous. And it might be ugly. I'm not sure so I don't wear it out of the house. The jean jacket was my compromise. It doesn't interfere with the protrusionary area, and it is enough to keep me warm in the wind. And I think it's really cute; that is where Dale and I part ways. We agree that the other sweater ages me substancially, but he cannot accept the jacket; he thinks it's goofy. Kennedy whole-heartedly approves, no matter what Daddy says, and my friends, her opinion is becoming more and more valued in this household. This is no joke, the other day, Dale came in and asked my opinion on a sport coat or a windbreaker with his tie and dress pants. I, of course, said the sport coat went perfectly with the whole outfit down to the shoes. Kennedy disagreed. Guess which one he went with. Windbreaker. I can't protest though, I'm losing touch and I need her insight even if she is ten. The kid's got style.
Just look at her. And she's not the only one.

Unwavering confidence in the face of his opponents and under the weight of all that coolness. But wait...Let's not forget the Alpine Diva in all her glory, complete with a tierra and a pink fuzzy throne. And yes...Tell me this kid doesn't scream ROCK STAR!!!Last but not least, the little princess in her new favorite dress with candy stickiness all over her face. What can I say? They must get it from me.

Comments

  1. What a great Update!!! We love current pictures!!! WE LOVE THEM!!!!!!!

    Me and My multiple personalities!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days