Maxter, our furry little gentleman





Maybe you remember when Max was just a little tyke, a runt of sorts, a sweet, innocent bundle of snuggles and love. A little insecure. A little misunderstood. A little lost in this big new world.

Things have changed. Our boy is quickly becoming a full-grown male boxer; no reservations, no hesitations, no careful calculation as to whether he'll fit into the space he's climbing to fill on the couch. The dog is something else. And we adore him.
I have had so much fun training this little man into a responsible adult. Don't get me wrong, it's not easy task to harness sixty pounds of energy long enough to teach submission, but he's smart. And Scooter speaks my language and somehow translates to Max when I can't get him to understand so that helps. But for the most part, he's getting it and learning the ways of life in the Sutton home.

Sometimes I worry that he's too skinny and that Kibbles and Bits aren't good enough to achieve the stature of his breed, but then we see neglected dogs on TV and I feel much better about his two feedings a day. He's quite a lovey pup, gives hugs, nuzzles, and when he's ready to settle down for the evening, he'll wrap one leg around whoever is sitting next to him. It's pretty sweet. Sometimes I want to toss him into the wild with the mountain lions, but mostly I love him and am glad he came into our lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days