Sweet dreams are made of these

As soon as dinner was cleaned up, we all crowded around the dining room table where the supplies were piled and the excitement was rumbling.
The boys chose a foam fort and a pine derby car. Micah took charge of the fort right away, and Tre did more on the car.
The girls chose the foam castle and these little felt and pipe cleaner fairies. I love to do stuff like this because it occupies a window of time that is enough to be enjoyable, but not so wide that it can't be completed. I tend to be a little obsessive and wanted the wraps all the same width, the legs and arms the same length, the hair to be even... But once Leila ripped the head off and the dress off of my first one, I decided not to spend too many hours fixing imperfections.
We had so much fun. I wish we could do this every night; it really builds a sense of togetherness. I find myself pushing off the kids requests for me to play way too often in exchange for some busyness in the house or some kind of waste of time. I keep thinking they'll grow up and I'll wish the time back, but it's so hard to force myself to play! I think my hostility would desist if I would just play more and not fret over these petty things. It really comes down to a time management *not my strong suit*.

Regardless, I'm sure we'll do this again soon. The next day we attempted another adventure for the first time, one I'm afraid we'll all come to regret. It's a little number called Baskin-Robbins, a.k.a. 31 Flavors. I've dodged requests for trips to Baskin-Robbins many times because I am cheap and I'd rather pay the $5.00 for a tub of ice cream that will feed all of us than to spend four times that and not finish what we get. Honestly, I was wrong, and I'm not afraid to admit it. I'll embrace my mistakenness. There is something magical about seventy-three degrees that lures people into ice cream shops. We stood in a crowd of people waiting to be helped for several minutes and didn't even get impatient about the disorder. The kids got ice cream cones, which is what kids should get. Dale and I agreed to share and I let him choose because the only thing I don't like about food is deciding what to eat. Let me tell you, if anyone is going to make a decision like this for you, you should spend the money on long distance to call him. He's a master. Two words.

BANANA ROYALE

A scoop of chocolate chip cookie dough, a scoop of Snicker bar, a cut up banana, and about three cups of carmel syrup. Yummy.

Unfortunately for all of us, we didn't spend half of what I anticipated spending. And it's been seventy-three degrees for several days in a row. And tomorrow is a special day. I can't make any promises here, but I'm betting we'll make a little trip over to our new favorite place. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for it anyway!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days