Something to be thankful for

At Bible study on Friday, I was overwhelmed with the number of requests in our little group for sickness in their households. There are so many different weird things going around and somehow we have dodged all of it. Because of our tight living quarters, when one person gets sick, usually it knocks us all out; sometimes it goes around a second time. I had to express my gratitude for God's generosity toward us in shielding us thus far from every strain of cough and flu that is, I'm sure, globbed onto the carts at WalMart and Albertsons, the carts I occassionally catch Leila licking. My health has been so good with this pregnancy and Dale is really working hard to lead us in this new healthy lifestyle; I'm just thankful for the return.

I have been reading little segments of this blog someone told me about called Nitty.Gritty. The author is the mother of five, four here and one in heaven, has one little one with some kind of chronic sickness, I can't quite figure out what it is yet. She recently announced the expectation of another baby in the fall. What a load. I find myself bobbing for air sometimes and then I read that someone else's life is much more worthy of my prayers for survival. I get the sense that I can walk on the water I was just bobbing to stay on top of. What's amazing to me are the circumstances that people go through and how they can respond so powerfully in acceptance and resilience to the potential crushing that accompanies those circumstances. What a wonder. And what an inspiration.

With that said, I think I'll take a nap with Leila and be grateful that I can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days