Forts

We don't have a lot of space anywhere except the living room and the yard, so even though I do not get excited about having that extra space taken up by toys and projects, I allow it because I have a lot of kids that need to practice their creativity, which more often than not, takes space. This particular project was a fort; not a little fort, a house for all of the children with separate rooms and passageways. Dale got right on board with this one and attempted to build them a spectacular establishment, but after the dogs made new entrances where there were none previously the walls came down. Kennedy, being the natural born leader, took matters into her own hands and began the reconstruction.
When she couldn't maintain any sort of permanence, she built a train with private cars for each passenger.
The sleeping cars allowed even the conductor to nap as he drove the lucky borders across the country.
I love this kind of creativity. Yesterday I told the kids to be thinking about what their costumes should look like for Purim next week. Purim is a Jewish holiday to commemorate the story of Queen Ester and Mordecai where the children dress up and there is feasting and there are games and a re-enactment of the Bible story. This is what I understand from Wikipedia anyway. We are not Jewish, obviously, but our church is participating in the festival anyway. All that to say that within a few minutes, all of my children had towels and robes on while they jumped on the trampoline. They never cease to amaze me.

I'm hoping to make some simple costumes with sheets and towels and maybe some ribbon for the queens, but I'm not accustomed to spending money in my own creativity. I have a stockpile of sheets, so hopefully I can work a little Cinderella magic for their Purim enjoyment. I'll let you know what we come up with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days