So much

I've come into the office several times and started to write but my time has been cut short every time and there is so much I want to write about. One of those things is the way I find myself staring out into the landscape and wishing we could just run for the hills.
If you know anything about these Suttons, you'd know that we all keep a hawk-eye out for mountain lions on the most highly populated trails, and torment each other with the prospect of one jumping out of the trees on top of us. And you'd also know that we all ran inside the yurt and locked the door at 7:30 the night of our campout because a raccoon was pilfering through the crumbs from our dinner. I, for one, am not cut out for life in the sticks. But a couple of days in the yurt looks really nice about now.

Everyone is vacationing. We ran into one neighbor that had just gotten home from spending the week in Arizona. On our way home from the walk another neighbor was leaving for Colorado. My brother and sister-in-law are leaving next week for a trek back to the midwest to do a round-robin to see all their friends and family back home. I'm a teensy bit jealous.

I always get a little stir crazy about this time in my pregnancy. While I'm not completely miserable or losing a lot of sleep at this point, I am antsy for something but I can't quite put a finger on it. I'm sure it's anticipation of our family coming out, the new baby, school being done, all these things combined. But as has been the pattern, I tell myself that an escape will remedy my shifty feet. It doesn't, I know this from experience, but I still think about it. Being out here where it's beautiful everywhere you look makes it easy to dream about life out there in the wild blue yonder. However, for the same reason I can't disconnect my phone, I can't go; I need my people too much.

But maybe a few days in the yurt... it might just hold me over until everyone gets here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days