Easter and Spring

This year instead of hunting at the park, we opted to do an indoor egg hunt because of the 1000 mph winds. I waited until everything was marked down to 50% off and surprised the kids with this little adventure. They didn't mind waiting until after the holiday.
I couldn't believe how excited they were about this. I keep thinking my kids are outgrowing the wonders of childhood, but they aren't. The oldest ones still get just as excited at the little ones. I love it!
Before the big hunt, I had the kids put on their Easter clothes so that I could take some pictures. We are blessed to have moms on both sides that love to sew and love to shower our kids with these hand-made dresses. The boys get other kinds of hand-made treasures so they didn't really have anything to dress up in, and they didn't mind either. Instead, Micah chose to do an action shot.
Tre put on his "tuxedo" and did this pose; the other one was even funnier- I'll have to use it another time. He just cracks me up. He's had this suit since he was three. I don't know how it fit then and still fits, barely, but it's on. I keep saving it to give away, but he just keeps dragging it out and putting it on. Skinny dude lives on salad and quesadillas.
Leila was napping until just before the egg hunt and I couldn't convince her to put on either one of her dresses. I'll have to catch her in them the next time and post the pics. Both dresses are really cute! Her daddy bought this one on their special day; she wore it for several days in a row. I don't mind though. To tell you the truth, if I had this dress, I'd wear it for several days in a row too.
This is the outfit my mom made for Kennedy. SO ADORABLE! Kennedy is very specific about what she wants and somehow my mom nails it every time. She made the same style for Jasmine, but we couldn't find all the pieces at the same time for the picture. Hers is really cute too. I will try to take pictures the next time they wear them, Mom.
Dana made this one for Deisha. I love it! The grandmas were on the same wave link this year because they both used purple, Leila's "fwavorite colorr!"
These are the matching dresses Dana made for the girls. So pretty and summery! Kennedy looks six feet tall!
Poor Deisha. I don't know how she can possibly be sad when she looks this cute! She had little bloomers and a bib that match her dress too, but I had to made some alterations to the britches so they'd stay on. I'm not sure, but I think after this dress arrived, my mom had to start a waiting list on orders for bubble dresses!
And last but not least here we are, me and Dale, all full of Easter, springy bliss. I love him.

Comments

  1. Look at these fancy young ladies and fancy young men! Just Dahling!

    Aunt Cara

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days