Nuts! Nuts, I tell ya!

If you asked me how we do it, I'd tell you I go a little crazy sometimes. It's real. I am no fan of "supermom" or the connotations that it implies. I am just a real girl with real insanity looming on the brink of every moment. It's getting worse with each day. I mean, this is what we *do*. I have five children under the age of eight. We teach school at home. I work full-time. Nights. In an Alzheimer's unit. Dale is in school working on his masters. He has two jobs. One of them is like a residency and he has to write papers and do research for it. Twice a month he is on call and stays over in the city and then goes to class at the end of the second day. When I'm working he gets up with the baby at night. I'm not kidding; it's nuts.

The fabric of steel that I was apparently intended to wear for the duration of my existence is narily a shelter in desperate moments. It's like the armor you see in battle, only there is a huge gap in the front and I'm responsible to duck and cover and turn and flip to protect myself. No shield. No breastplate. I think God did it on purpose, in fact I know He did. Because I have to run to Him, I get too tired with all the stunts and no double. He knew I would and then He shows me some incredible move that I never thought about doing and back at it I go. (It's Sunday... bear with my ramblings... I sleep fo' 'owa...) But the moves, they're unconventional. When someone is beating me at work for trying to make them comfortable or cleaning them from something really disgusting- you can imagine- I want to re-ACT. It's natural. And He stops me in my tracks and I say, "Did you have a bad dream, Momma?" and she cries. She stops in her tracks. It's a new move.

This life. It's blows my hair back. I have to go back to work. I should be donning fresh scrubs right now. But there is a storm rolling in. I can feel it in my guts. I know because it's starting to sprinkle. Tears threaten to break another piece of my armor off. And quite frankly, writing calms me. So come along for the ride; it's gettin' bumpy.

On a lighter note, I am so excited to announce BIG NEWS. Dale was asked to be one of two student preachers at Midwestern. It's a huge deal- only two a year. Pray for him. He carries a huge responsibility in addressing the up and coming generation of Messengers of Truth to the church. Thank You God for such an honor and entrusting him with the torch. Isn't he adorable?


So many days, so little time...
So now I told you, you tell me. I want to know. How's your heart???

Comments

  1. Oh Becca, I know.

    When you first wake up do you lie there and ask God to give you a big shove to get you up and keep you going?

    You get it all done because it's there to do. One day you'll look back and marvel at what you accomplished and were able to do and wonder how in the world...?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days