The End of and Era



If I could take one picture to sum up the past three years of our lives, it would be this one right here. Well- if you can imagine me sleeping on the picnic table behind Dale. It's been quite a ride.

God called us out of conventional ministry for Dale to go back to school to work on his masters in 2002. With four children at the time, and no money saved, the only option was for him to go full time and for me to go to work. It was quite a transition. I opted to work nights and have a part time sitter which made for the most time home together. This picture was taken last fall on our annual trip to the pumpkin patch. I am constantly amazed at how things just work out when you are in God's will.

We left Nebraska without a plan except to move home and just wait. After Dale got laid off from his job, he started looking at schooling options. God shut every door except the right one. We moved again before a full year had passed and have been here ever since. I have never felt more content than I have these years. It's unnerving to think that this chapter is coming to an end, it's been so amazing to watch it all unfold. But all reason and faith points to the fact that He brought us this far. No way would He just abandon us here.

Graduation is four weeks away. All that's left for me to do is wait... oh the waiting... It's forever!!! Bring it.

Here's Missy Big Stuff. She's like a sweet, sticky, squishy marshmellow!

Comments

  1. This is amazing! I love your blog. You are such a great writer and I love seeing the pics of the kiddos. I can't believe no. 5 is sitting up already. :) She looks so happy and squeezable. Love ya C

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days