Just Spectacular

Tonight, instead of a movie, we drove the twisty-turvy uppy-downy winding road to Jalama Beach, a native hot-spot. The wave of campfire hit us as soon as we got out of the car; and despite the 54 degree blast, there were five guys surfing at sunset. I was shocked at how many campers were lined up in rows because of the cold until we got out and took it all in: mountains, ocean, sunset, deer on the hill... there's just no way to describe it. You'll have to come to get the full effect! I need you, Becky! My dorky camera didn't even come close to a decent picture.

On Fridays Lompoc has a block-long parking lot that hosts a farmers market; we're talking sweet and delicious strawberries, all kinds of vegetables *except corn* nuts, dried fruits and flowers. The farmers cut samples right there to guarantee their produce. Everything tasted sweet to me, even the pecans, and remarkably cheap. I have a new inspiration to cook with all fresh and healthy ingredients. No more mac and cheese, please. Did I mention the seafood? I'm sure you can imagine.

It may come across like everything is coming up roses, but this life is wearing on me. I worry about the expense of it all as much as how we're going to fill up our days. Dale is adventurous and has a knack for making everything fun, which usually makes me the party pooper. But it's only two more days before he starts his job. Please pray that everything goes smoothly. He rented a U-Haul today to move us out of the storage unit and I'm hoping we can get it all in faster than it took us the first time since it's all accessable and we'll have lots of dollies.

I just want to have all my chicks under a roof that is ours and we can sit down and really relax without all these questions hanging over our heads. We are striving to be content in every circumstance, it's just hard. I know I have said countless times that acceptance is freedom, and it is, it's just hard to accept it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days