I'm sure you're dying to know!

Church was better than I expected it to be; as consistently promised, the people were surprisingly friendly. The congregation is predominantly made up of air force guys and their families, 30s and 4os, so lots of kids and lots of energy. The kids loved their classes and Leila, who has yet to be trained to sit still in church, went without a fuss to the nursery.

I felt like a train wreck. We had a rough start so it was hard to go in and be approachable. The worship was good- a meek worship leader that loves to worship and obviously doesn't care about appearances. During the course of the service, I heard two other singers with amazing voices, who helped sing on the worship team but didn't take center stage.

All in all, I was pleased and look forward to going back. They don't have Sunday school so I won't be teaching any time soon, but they have a lot of activities for the kids as well as women's stuff, men's stuff, and home groups. I will have to muster up some courage to plug in because I may have to go without Dale, but such is life as a chaplain's wife.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days