O bla dee o bla da life goes on oh...

I woke up this morning with this little bundle of joy and as much as I wanted to put my tennis shoes and and get going on my workout, I couldn't keep my eyes open. I sat down on the couch next to her and slipped in and out of consciousness.

I am just going to have to start going to bed earlier. I think if I would just go straight to bed when I get up to go, I'd get an extra half hour of sleep. But you know how it is when you're the mom. You get up and say, "I'm going to bed." Then you carry all the dishes into the living room. You move the laundry from the washer to the dryer and turn it on. You pick up the pieces of dog food that were scattered all over the floor earlier in the day. You go into the bathroom to brush your teeth and pick up laundry around the hamper, wipe down the sink and edge of the tub with the towel that was left on the floor. On the way to the bedroom, you pick up socks and toys and pieces of trash off the floor, then deliver them to the rightful place and owner. You pick up the books that were pulled off the bookshelf and replace them for the fourteenth time today. Once in the bedroom, you straighten the shoes, hang up jackets and dress pants, and fold the shirts that were hung to air dry, and put away the clean laundry that you delievered earlier. Finally tucked into bed, you run through the list for tomorrow: appointments, todos, and deadlines; then you thank God for a life that is busy enough to knock you out for the night in the next five minutes. zzz... At least that's what I do.

...la la la la life goes on.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days