Reading

I have a constant list running in my head. It started when I was planning my wedding and hasn't stopped running since. One of thing recurring things on the list is "read to the kids". It stays because it rarely makes the cut in the day-to-day. I love to read to my kids. I especially love to read to them when they are attentive and begging for more. Usually that only happens when they are all tucked into bed but not quite ready to sleep. But this day, we somehow found ourselves with a quiet afternoon in a relatively clean living room. It started with Leila, and then Trebo joined the fun, only now he was taking turns doing the reading. Then Snow White climbed up on my lap and listened. These are the moments I thank God that I'm alive. It was pure bliss for me and a treasured moment of peace for these three, my little ones.

Comments

  1. Glad I am that you love to read to them~Sad I am that I'm not curling up on a couch often to read to them~And happy I am that you have them and they have you.
    I love you and am so proud to call you mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the picture and love you all. so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally get it - i am more impressed you photographed it so you can remind yourself you really are a good MOM!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days