Lake of the Ozarks 2010

This is the third time we've gone to Lake of the Ozarks with the Richmond Suttons.  Every year we try to do all the things we did the years before to keep our traditions going, starting with Gravois Mills.
You might be surprised to learn that the sign on the gate said the place was closed when you see these pictures.  It looks like a goldmine to me, but for whatever reason the place was run down and the ground keepers house was empty. We managed to find a way to enjoy ourselves regardless of the signs.

Next stop, Haha Tonka State Park, I think.  There is a natural spring about half a mild down this path.  In 95 degree weather, it seems like a long walk.  It was, however, shaded and near the stream which is about 57 degrees, so it wasn't as bad as I anticipated.

I guess it wasn't exactly the next stop.  It was one of the places we went.  Forget what I said about that.  I don't even know if that's where I took this picture, but it might have been.  I was precariously snapping pictures amidst my heatstroke.  Forgive me.  I am still suffering the effects of it.

It's so cute to see these two together.  She has always adored him.  By the way, this wasn't the only picture of Lonnie and a trash can, but in the other one Dale insisted on revealing his stomach knowing full well I wouldn't post it.  He has this thing about having his picture taken lately...

I have lots more pictures to share but they will have to wait for the next time.  Happy day to you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days