Holding Pattern


                                                                                                          *Definition credit to Google
These words keep echoing in my mind. 
Holding pattern.
I have described my position in my situation as
...being held in the eye of the storm.
...walking on water.
...I am not among those who are without hope.

And I am not. 
I am safe. I have found my rest in Christ. 
He will never leave me, nor forsake me.
I'm find. I'm good. I'm not falling apart. 
The Lord has kept me.

This morning these words spoke to me:

12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal,but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. 

Philippians 3:12-14NIV

This is my calling. This is my hope. I am alive in Christ. I have no fear. 

I love this definition because it describes right where I am... 
awaiting approval to land.
I am not, however, 
in a state of no progression or change.
I'm changing. Moment by moment
The Spirit of God is speaking to me. 
How can I not be changed in every encounter with Him?
I am new. I have new life.
I woke up this morning and I could see buds on the branches. 
In my vision of walking over the turmoil without fear,
    I am seeing glimpses of land.
The Lord is bringing new life even now, and I am hopeful.

Thank you for your prayers, 

lvb 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days