Sucker Punch

It comes out of nowhere.

You're going along in your life, everything is good and happy and you're on top of the mountain singing at the top of your lungs, living the dream
and before you know it you're down. Like face plant. With no air.

Ever been there?

Job.
Had.
It.
All.

And it was cruelly stripped from him all at once.
Wealth.
Family.
Marriage.
Health.
And there he sat in ashes and misery.

I'm certainly not there.
But, I am on the ground.
Like, laid out.
With no air.

What I want to do is lock down.
Give it up.
Run.
Hide.
I want a redo.
But I know the end of this story.
I know how God works... I've seen it a thousand times.
He picks up all the pieces
and rearranges them in a way that, who knew, they would fit?
It's better after the tsunami than it ever could have been before.

Praise God for His breath when mine is full of dirt and tears.

Mountaintops and valleys.

lvb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days