Happy Birthday to me!

Woke up this morning and I wrote down this song, just can't remember who to send it to...
My mom asked me on my birthday, "How's it feel?" and I said, "Feels the same." But I gotta tell you, it feels a little weird all the sudden; overnight 40 doesn't seem that old.
Last night I was walking a little lady down the hall and told her that I was a spring chicken and didn't realize how fast I was walking... now, to the person I was talking to, a 102-year-old woman, I am. But my mind cha-chnk-ed after I said that, like the gears were grinding; 30 isn't a spring chicken. It's just not. What's more, I really can't remember. It's the worst thing about me. I forget things. I don't know that it's 30, but it might as well be something.

On the brighter side, we are just starting the early chapters of our career in chaplaincy, our family is huge just like I always wanted, and I've moved five times in ten years and on the brink of number six, something else I've always wanted. I'm not 125lbs though, and I've yet to be published, unless you consider this... not quite what I had in mind. But time is the framework, not the boundary. I am certain that the things that matter on my list of things to accomplish in this life will come to life and the things that are pipe dreams from the eighth grade (125) will fade just like that fuzzy hair did.

Comments

  1. If you don't weight a buck and a quarter no one does, cuz you sure look and feel like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to You!

    If you were closer I'd make you a chocolate cake, but that wouldn't help with the 125 thing. I forget what that's like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday becca!!! and 40 is NOT that old! haha! fun photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday B! Now that were thirty I guess that means were ADULTS. So no more goofing off. I mean it! Heehee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday B! So now that were thirty does that mean we are ADULTS? Ewwwww I hope not! Luvs C

    ReplyDelete
  6. sayin it twice ya I'm sayin it twice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday B!! I had to post so that I could comment on the forgetting thing. :) You are so not old, because that would mean that I am old and I am not. I am a baby at 31! Oh yeah, see the forgetting thing thing, I forgot I was posting about forgetting j/k. Any ways, I heard that every time you are pregnant and have that baby, that you loose more brain cells. So after 50 kids it makes sense that you would forget things. I only have two and I will walk into a room and forget why I went in there. But don't forget fellow mom's, who does the family turn to when they can't find something. That's right us! Why? Because we mom's are the life to our home. :D Hehe Can I get a witness?! And as always, great pics. You have such a beautiful family. You are truely blessed.

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthdya to YOUUUUUUU (screech)
    Happy Birthday to you!

    If you were here I would sing to you....Suzy would make you a cake and Becky would probably make you something VERY COOL! Just imagine....

    Love ya!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days