Soul Ties


One of my favorite things in the world is conversation. I don't care what we talk about as long as we have conversation chemistry. If I can be real with you and you can be real with me, if we can fall down and laugh together... if you can make me laugh hard enough to cry real, big tears, I will come back for more. You are my friend. If you are my friend for two days or a year or ten years, I don't care. Let's grab it while it lasts. Because forever friends aren't here yet, they won't come until eternity.

I read a piece of advice from life's little instruction book that said, "Marry someone you love to talk to." I took it. Unbeknownst to me, I married one of the great thinkers of our time, who is also a talker; able to communicate his thoughts and his feelings and so much more in our conversation. We connect on so many levels- from boy humor to the perplexities of gaps in theology. He is my very best friend. I'm really sad because I have only just made a deep connection to my friend, and she's moving away and so am I. Who knows if we'll really ever go on vacation together... I almost cried twice tonight at the thought that we have just found each other; seems like too little too late. But as we pulled out of their driveway, I looked over at someone I love to talk to and breathed a sigh of relief because we continued a great conversation all the way home. And it will continue through the week in various intervals and exchanges. He's my best friend. He tells me the truth and pushes me to grow and drives me to work harder and inspires me to learn faster. He's my best friend and my hero.

Comments

  1. yay for you! life will never be boring. i seriously ADORE reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days